Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cooking Is AWESOME!

I have always enjoyed watching my parents make meals. Whether it was spaghetti, egg sandwiches, or lamb chops with side dishes, I was interested in the process.

My dad taught me how to cook eggs and pilaf. The pilaf is a family recipe. It contains brown rice, whole wheat pasta, bulgur wheat, broth, and REAL butter. I was very good! I helped with a lot of dinners.


This year I became a Boy Scout. I am currently taking the cooking merit badge. Although I still have a lot left to do like plan and make meals for camping trips, I have made several meals at home. I started with spaghetti and meatballs and Caesar salad. My family thought it was great!!!

Next I made scrambled eggs and sausage with a side of banana for breakfast. Another morning I served waffles and sausage with juice. For lunch I served grilled cheese thin bagels with bacon bits and tomato with cut up apples.

I also made chocolate milk which was a treat that my brother and sister loved.

For dinner another night I whipped up Shake 'N Bake pork chops, skin-on mashed potatoes, Caesar salad (because it is my favorite), and fresh watermelon chunks.

I still have a lot to learn about cooking. I have learned that not only is cooking fun but it is easy and I am really good at it! Next up I can't wait to cook lobster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




ML187 is an incoming middle schooler who will start sixth grade in September. In the past year he has earned his junior black belt (Shodan Ho) , become a Boy Scout, and played for a second year in Little League. He enjoys swimming, playing with his Legos, reading his well-loved Lego books, and playing Wii-U. ML187 is an aspiring cook, picker, and Lego collector. His mom makes him write these blogs but he enjoys the feedback from his readers!

4 comments:

  1. I love it when I see kids in the kitchen! This blog makes me smile & I am looking forward to following your progress. I can't wait to see more meals along the way. As a home cook myself, it thrills me to see others in the kitchen, especially children. I encourage you to continue your course in cooking and you will only get better over time. If you want some easy/simple recipes to try, feel free to check out my blog www.dlissousdishes.com. Ask your mom, I have been on the show "Burning Rubber Radio". Either way, keep on cooking! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice! I will look at your blog and pick some recipes to try! I appreciate you reading. More to come!

      Delete
    2. P.S. It says my mom commented, but it was me, ML187! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hey little dude!!!! GREAT blog and tasty sounding recipes!! I may have to try a few. I'm glad to see you have such an interest in cooking, plus you have your Mom, Dad and Sister to try your meals out on!! Have Mom tell ya what Guinea Pig means, LOL!! I wish I had learned to cook at your age, I'd be MUCH better now! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete