Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Going to the beach is fun!!


What I learned is that I like going to the beach. I liked it first on my first Christmas. I went to Charleston, South Carolina to visit my Grandma and Grandpa. I played in the sand and tidal pools.



At age five I got hit by a wave. I flipped over and got salt in my mouth and nose. I felt bad for some of the week. Even though that happened to me, I always liked going to the beach. Swimming in the ocean, looking for shells, and building sand castles with my Grandma and Dad are the things I like to do. I like going to the beach every year.




This might be my first year I don't go to the beach. I am sad. I'm going to make up for it. I'm going to tell my parents I want to go to the beach twice next year!

That is how I learned to like going to beaches.




Matthew is turning 10 in August 2012. With school out of session for the summer, his mother told him to write every week day. She said it will prepare him for 5th grade.

These are Matthew’s musings of the things he has learned in his (almost) 10 years of life on this planet.

Please join him each week day as he explores the many things he has learned in his own “voice”.

Feel free to comment as it encourages the lad to keep writing!


2 comments:

  1. I spent some of the best years of my life on the beach before I could swim, one day I got out of my depth and had to be rescued by my best friends Dad. I learned to swim after that. I think your Mom & Dad should take you to the beach twice next year too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew, We want you to come to the beach too. ARe you doing any more writing? We enjoy your articles & would like to read some more. Love, Gma & Gpa

    ReplyDelete