Monday, July 2, 2012

Cub Scout Camp is Fun!





What I learned is that I like to go to Cub Scout camp. I started as a Wolf and was scared because it was my first year. That was four years ago. But I had a lot of fun. I learned

to do archery and my Grandpa and Grandma bought me an archery set for my August birthday that year.

As a Bear I got "Butterflies" the night before camp started and the morning of the first day. Both years I had a good time, made friends, and learned new things.

Last year as a first year WEBELOS I still felt more "Butterflies" and had a nervous stomach. But like each year before I still had fun. I felt better after camp. I felt the same again the next day. I felt better by the end of the second day of camp.

This year I had the same thing happen but only for the first day. I hope tomorrow I don't feel bad. I'm going to be a brave camper. I'm going to make my last year of Cub Scout camp my best year.






That is how I'm going to break through my fears. Because deep down I know I really do like camp!






Matthew is turning 10 in August 2012. With school out of session for the summer, his mother told him to write every week day. She said it will prepare him for 5th grade.

These are Matthew’s musings of the things he has learned in his (almost) 10 years of life on this planet.

Please join him each week day as he explores the many things he has learned in his own “voice”.

Feel free to comment as it encourages the lad to keep writing!




2 comments:

  1. You hang tough, young man!! Love your writing, keep it up!! Camp will be a breeze for ya!

    ReplyDelete