Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I Love Fishing


What I learned is that fishing is fun. I stared catching sunnys no bigger than seven

inches when I was four.






Then my brother caught a Perch when he was four.




He caught sunnys too. My dad had the most luck. He catches bass after bass.




Last year I caught an eighteen inch bass. I was fishing under a boat and the strongest pull ever happened to me. It almost died but we saved it. Dad took the hook and put the fish in the water.


Then at Bear Pond I caught a seven inch Bass. Then I caught an eight inch sunny. Weeks ago I saw a huge splash in Bear Pond - there is something big in Bear Pond!! That is where I learned to like fishing.





Matthew is turning 10 in August 2012. With school out of session for the summer, his mother told him to write every week day. She said it will prepare him for 5th grade.

These are Matthew’s musings of the things he has learned in his (almost) 10 years of life on this planet.

Please join him each week day as he explores the many things he has learned in his own “voice”.

Feel free to comment as it encourages the lad to keep writing!



2 comments:

  1. I've never been fishing, but it sounds really cool! You caught an 18-inch bass? Now that is a BIG one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. try fly fishing next..tying flies is fun !!! good job!!

    ReplyDelete