Monday, January 19, 2015

Person of Inspiration: Mr. Zimmermann


There are approximately seven billion people in the world. A very small portion of those people inspire me. My parents are two and then the one person who inspires me a lot I’m not related to is Mr. Kurt Zimmermann. He is an amazing trumpet player, is a member of the Hanover Wind Symphony, and my band teacher.


Mr. Zimmermann is a great band teacher, and he works at my school. He is teacher of Pep, Marching, Pit, Holiday Ensemble, and many other bands. He uses great puns and jokes in class. In addition to being a terrific teacher, Mr. Zimmermann is also a husband and father. He has one young son.


Mr. Zimmermann helped me improve my playing. He taught me my scales. He helped me learn my notes and rhythms. He also taught me a lot of songs on my trombone. Mr. Z, as his students call him, helped me with my tone quality, and he taught me intervals. Mr. Z makes me want to play in pep (which I’m in) and marching band, which I plan to do next summer.


To get people to play well he threatens to lower grades by five points! But this does not change how much his students and I respect him. In return he treats me and my band mates with respect and like equals. He is always a fun and cool teacher. Mr. Z makes himself available and does a lot of band events, above and beyond other teachers.

Mr. Zimmermann is the person who inspires me.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Mr Z get's to read your inspiring blog ML 187, keep up the good work on the trombone and the blog B-)

    ReplyDelete