Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Goals are Worth Achieving



What I learned is that I like swimming. I started at age two and it was fun and not hard. At age three I did more intense swimming. I was scared, afraid of going underwater, and I cried.


At age five I dunked my face into my kiddie pool. I cried but I was encouraged. I never gave up and then I liked swimming ten times more.



Last year I went on a swim team.


I earned a lot of ribbons. It was fun and used my swimming in a new way.

During winter I had intense training to prepare for swim team this year. I didn't think it would be so hard but it was! I became really fast! I'm now on swim team again. I like swim team. Our first meet of the summer is tonight. I hope it will be a great season. That is how I learned to never give up and keep swimming.




Matthew is turning 10 in August 2012. With school out of session for the summer, his mother told him to write every week day. She said it will prepare him for 5th grade.

These are Matthew’s musings of the things he has learned in his (almost) 10 years of life on this planet.

Please join him each week day as he explores the many things he has learned in his own “voice”.

Feel free to comment as it encourages the lad to keep writing!




3 comments:

  1. Good luck tonight Matthew, I never made swim team but I never stopped enjoying it either !

    ReplyDelete