Monday, June 25, 2012

Reading is Fun

What I learned is I like to read. I didn't always like reading because it was hard. The words on the page used to get blurry. This upset me. Still, I learned to like books


when I found Captain Underpants books at my school library.




My mom turned me on to Lego books.


I also liked the Boxcar Children Series when I read them one summer. Books were fun and an escape.


Even though I started enjoying reading, things still got blurry. I found the problem in January 2012 when my mom took me to the eye doctor. I had convergence insufficiency (glasses not needed).




I did eye exercises for five months. Within three weeks of starting the exercises I noticed a positive change. That was encouraging.


I can see and read better now. I love reading. I study Lego books for a long time. I'm reading Star Wars and Hardy Boys chapter books.

That is how I learned to like reading.




Matthew is turning 10 in August 2012. With school out of session for the summer, his mother told him to write every week day. She said it will prepare him for 5th grade.

These are Matthew’s musings of the things he has learned in his (almost) 10 years of life on this planet.

Please join him each week day as he explores the many things he has learned in his own “voice”.

Feel free to comment as it encourages the lad to keep writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment